Regulation Crowdfunding (Reg CF)
Regulation Crowdfunding enables eligible companies to offer and sell securities through crowdfunding. The rules:
- Require all transactions under Regulation Crowdfunding to take place online through an SEC-registered intermediary, either a broker-dealer or a funding portal
- Permit a company to raise a maximum aggregate amount of $5 million through crowdfunding offerings in a 12-month period
- Limit the amount individual non-accredited investors can invest across all crowdfunding offerings in a 12-month period and
- Require disclosure of information in filings with the Commission and to investors and the intermediary facilitating the offering
Regulation Crowdfunding offerings are subject to “bad actor” disqualification provisions.
EquityDoor, LLC does our due diligence to ensure sure any Regulation Crowdfunding offerings on our secure investment portal have gone through the “bad actor” disqualification process. We use a third-party verification provider called Crowdcheck.com to do this vetting before any projects are even considered. This process enables us to provide you with the knowledge that any investment on our website has been vetted and checked for compliance and securities issues.
You can browse all EquityDoor projects here, including Reg CF.
What is an Accredited Investor?
- A person or company that meet specific financial criteria including income and net worth
If you’re unsure if you qualify as an Accredited Investor, we can help. Please email us.
If you’re an issuer, how can EquityDoor, LLC help you with a Reg CF?
- Raise capital up to a maximum of up to $5,000,000
- Allow accredited and non-accredited investors to invest in your offer
- Suitable for smaller projects with lower minimum investment thresholds
When submitting a Reg CF offering, issuers need to submit:
- Form C
- Operating Agreement
- Subscription Agreement
If you’re looking for more Real Estate Crowdfunding terms to learn, click here.
If you need assistance with documentation prep, we suggest our partners, who provide those services.
Get Started Today
EquityDoor isn’t affiliated with any traditional bank or financial institution. We’re not backed by wealthy insiders, developed by software wiz-kids in the silicon valley or created for the select few.
But we are tech-savvy, and we’ve been buying, selling, flipping, renting, developing and financing residential and commercial investment properties for decades – and we know firsthand how complex, costly, and difficult traditional real estate financing has been.